The Life and Times of Kenzie

The Life and Times of Kenzie

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Magic Box

In class we were asked to write a pome like the one we read in class. Well this is my pome:
I will put in the box
The sunset on a winter night,
Candles from the sixteen hundreds
The smell of a peacan pie
I will put in the box
A fish with a tan spot,
A leap of a tieger from Asia
A pure white duck from a swamp,
I will put in the box
Three Genie wishes spoken in Danch
The last feather of a blue jay,
And the first laugh of a king
I will put in the box
A season with no rain and a blue moon,
A snowman on a surfboard
And a surfer on a snowmoble
My box is fashioned from jewls with dimonds on the lid and stars on the corners.
It's hinges are big rings
I shall dance in my box on a hill of romance
Then fall in love on a summers night
The color of the sunset.

2 comments:

Anne and Bob said...

Nice poem Kenzie. Thanks for sharing it. I like many of the things you would put in your box.

Anne and Bob said...

Kenzie,

I am impressed. Keep writing.

Pop